Temporary Resident Permits
If an individual is inadmissible to Canada, due to criminal, security, or medical reasons, but have a justifiable reason to travel to Canada, they may be eligible for Temporary Resident Permit Canada Application. Please note, a TRP is not be confused with a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), commonly referred to as a Canadian Visitor Visa.
Applying for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) allows an individual to enter Canada in spite of their criminal inadmissibility for a finite period of time. Sometimes they can be granted for 3 years or others for just the day, depending on your reason for travel to Canada.
In order to get a TRP, one must have compelling reasons for requiring entry to Canada. When a visa office assesses the application, they will consider “need vs. risk.” This means that they will consider whether or not the want to enter Canada is reasonable or justifiable enough against the risk you might pose to Canada and Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
As a Temporary Resident Permit holder, one must:
- comply with the conditions enforced on your TRP;
- not work or study without a work or study permit;
- not re-enter Canada without previous authorization;
- leave Canada at the end of the approved period of stay.
There is no guarantee that an individual will be issued a temporary resident permit. If you would like to receive a permit, you will have to pay a processing fee, which is not refundable.
ARC, TRP and rehabilitation applicants must include should include a pre-paid airway bill with their application.
- A permit is usually issued for the length of your visit to Canada. One must leave Canada by the expiry date of the permit, or get a new permit prior to the current one expiring.
- The permit may be cancelled by an officer at any time. The permit is no longer valid once you leave Canada, unless you have clearly been authorized to leave and re-enter.
We at My Global Steps Immigration Inc. can help you apply and receive a TRP but understanding your inadmissibility reasons in details. You can contact us at +1-416-854-6022 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018-2021 My Global Steps Immigration Inc.