International Experience Program (IEC)
International Experience Canada offers youth the opportunity to do both; travel and work in Canada. IEC is designed for youth between the age of 18 and 35 years from 33 partner countries that have bilateral youth mobility agreement with Canada . These applicants are permitted to work abroad for up to two years without meeting the LMIA requirements.
The IEC category is composed of three groups:
- Working Holiday
- Young Professionals
- International Co-op
Working holiday allows the participants to work anywhere in Canada for any Canadian employer on a work permit valid for one or two years. As the name explains, this gives the participants an opportunity to travel and work.
Eligibility obligations for the IEC program by participants:
- Be a citizen of one of the 33 countries that have this arrangement with Canada
- Their passport should be valid for the length of their stay in Canada
- Be in the age group of 18 to 35 during the application. (Some countries have an upper limit of 33)
- Exhibit a minimum amount of CAD $2500 for initial expenses and pay appropriate fee
- Have capacity to purchase health insurance for their entire stay and present evidence at Port of Entry.
- Have capacity to arrange for a return
- Meet minimum admissibility criteria
- Have no accompanying dependents
- Pay applicable fees
Kindly note that specific age and eligibility criteria may be different country.
© 2018-2021 My Global Steps Immigration Inc.