Super Visa allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizen and permanent residents to come to Canada as visitors for a period of up to two consecutive years at their initial visit without having to renew their visa.
The visa can remain valid for up to 10 years or the validity of your passport.
An Applicant’s Eligibility to apply for Super Visa:
be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
have an invitation from the child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
- A guarantee of financial support services for the duration of the visit
- The list and number of people in their house
- A copy of their Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
- Have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
- Valid for minimum one year from the date of entry
- Get $100,000 for minimum coverage
- documented proof that the medical insurance has been paid
- complete an immigration medical exam
Visa officers look at multiple factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The applicant must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave at the end of the time limit of their visit. Some other factors will be considered including:
- their ties to their home country
- purpose of their visit
- finance and family background
- political and economic stability of their home country and
- an invitation from the Canadian host
Note: The super visa is still a temporary application. If the intention of parents and grandparents is to stay in Canada permanently, a permanent residence application should be submitted to the Consultants.
How much income is required for a Super visa?
When you become a sponsor for a Super Visa, you must show that you have adequate income to support all of the people for whom you will be financially responsible. The necessary gross income must be $2,500 to $68,598, for a minimum of 1 person to 7 people, respectively. More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,985.
What is a super visa?
The Super Visa is a temporary visa that allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents to visit Canada for up to two years after their initial arrival without the need to renew their status. It is a multi-entry visa with several entries for up to ten years.
How much does a super visa cost?
The application fee for a Super Visa Canada is $100 per person. In addition, you may be required to provide biometrics, which will cost $85 per person or $170 for a family of two or more people. You may also be required to pay a $7 per person fee for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
© 2018-2021 My Global Steps Immigration Inc.