Study Permits

Canada had a constantly growing number of International Students. Most international students need a study permit to be able to study in Canada.


To be able to be apply for a Canadian Study Permit, a prospective student must show all or some of the following:

  • Proof of Acceptance: Acceptance letter or offer of acceptance with details about the academic program from a Designated Learning Institute. The program has to be more than 6 months long. If the student wishes to study in Quebec, they should obtain a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (QAC)
  • Proof of Financial Support: Evidence of sufficient funds that will cover at least one year of your tuition, living expenses and return ticket to the student’s home country. Also funds to cover the living of accompanying dependents
  • Proof of Medical Clearance: Depending on your country of residence, IRCC may need a medical clearance
  • Proof of Police Clearance: Applicants should have a clean police record. Depending on the country of your residence, IRCC may request for a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
  • Proof of Identity: Valid passport or travel documents and two passport photos for self and accompanying dependents
  • Other requirements: Satisfy the officer that the student intends to leave Canada at the end of their stay. Also, present any other documents like marriage certificate etc., if asked for by their respective visa office.


If the student visa is approved, the student will receive a Study Permit approval letter and where necessary a Temporary resident Visa or and Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). The student will have to show the actual approval letter upon entry to Canada and receive their actual Study permit.

The student does not need to apply for a Study Permit if their academic program is for 6 months or less.


© 2018-2021 My Global Steps Immigration Inc.

Privacy Policy  |  Terms & Conditions