Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship
The Family Class Sponsorship program includes a category for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizen and permanent residents. Successful applications under this program will receive Canadian permanent residence and might eventually be able to apply for Canadian Citizenship.
In an attempt to bring together even more families through immigration, Canada has increased the quota for the parent and grandparent sponsorship program (PGP) to 20,000 in 2019.
Along with increasing the quota for the program, the federal government has declared that the program will be receiving applications using a first-come, first-served model, scrapping the lottery system which was used in the past two years. In the new, first-come, first-served model, applicants will be invited to submit an application based on the order in which their interest to sponsor forms are received. The forms will be available to submit at the beginning of 2019
To be eligible for Family Class sponsorship in Canada:
Requirements for the Sponsor:
- The sponsor should be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- The sponsor should be 18 years of age or older;
- The sponsor should exceed the minimum necessary income level for this program (if married or in a common-law relationship, the income of both can be included as a co-signer);
- The sponsor should sign an undertaking to repay any provincial social assistance benefits paid to the sponsor and accompanying family member(s), if any, for a period of 20 years, if necessary; and
- If the sponsor resides in Quebec, an additional “undertaking” must be signed.
Requirements for the Sponsored Person:
- The sponsored person must be the parent(s) or grandparent(s) of the sponsor.
Sponsors will have to prove that they meet the minimum income eligibility by submitting notices of tax assessment issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) in support of their sponsorship and they should also show they have met the minimum necessary income level for three consecutive years. If the sponsor doesn’t meet the Minimum Necessary Income Level for the past 3 year period, they can apply for a Super Visa for the parents and grandparents as the income required for Super Visa is only for 1 years and is 30% lower.
We at My Global Steps Immigration Inc. are determined to help you sponsor your family. Call us at +1-416-854-6022 or email us at email@example.com
© 2018-2021 My Global Steps Immigration Inc.